Idle Thoughts

6.29.2010

One More Time, From The Top

The first post sucked.  Nope, not apologizing and I'm not going to delete it (that's against my rules for this).  I should have started with a mission statement, something to lay the groundwork for what I'll be posting and what I'm trying to do.

My goal is to become a writer, at least semi-professionally.  Not even going to pretend I'm prolific or skilled enough to survive on writing alone; though that would be awesome.  The normal avenues for becoming an author run through university campuses; truthfully I'm a terrible student, which means the normal avenues becoming a writer are less accessible for me.

There are other ways.  I need to improve my writing, share my vision, hopefully develop an audience.  Keeping that in mind, my goal is to write 1-3 hours daily, to build a routine.  Every other day I will post something, sometimes more often.

I'll talk about what's in my head.  This is not a journal, though I may share events from my day if I feel them worth sharing.  There will be editorials, fiction, poetry and reviews of books, movies & music.  This is my soapbox, after all and I can shout what I want from it.  I do expect that I'll eventually have multiple blogs with different purposes.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. The world is an unforgiving place for those of us who aren't good students. I have been rallying every ounce of motivation I can to make it through this two year degree, and there is little to spare. Just know that you can do it, but only if you want it badly enough, and at no point will it be fun.

    ReplyDelete