Idle Thoughts

7.23.2010

Musing in a Cafe

The energy of this place is all wrong.

It is? I hadn't noticed, dear. What's the energy supposed to be like?

Just more and less and well, just not like this, not like this at all. Have you ever been in a coffee shop with energy like this?

I don't know, dear, you know me, I'm so grounded. You have to have your head up in the aether to pick up on energies, the way you do.

True, true. You know, you have a brown aura, the color of Earth. It's like the Mother has embraced you, holds you close, inside her self.
Why thank you dear. You know, I feel like that's the truth.

Just do me a favor, look around, tell me what you see.

Well, dear, the tables in the middle of the room are empty. About half the booths around the outside are occupied, everyone has a laptop or a cellphone out, no one is talking to anyone in the room.

Well there you go. Now I know why the energy is so weak, so wrong. No one is grounded within this room, except you hon, and me.

Yes dear, I see what you mean.

We should move along. How are poets to find inspiration in such an age? What tales can be told of this impassive world.

Cynicism does not become you, dear. Why so bleak?

There is no passion, Love— none at all. It's been replaced by frustration. Passion, comes from separation, you see, distance between two souls. We're connected now, always connected, in some way, if only distantly.

hmm... I see, I see.

They've come to prefer that connection to the actual presence of others; enjoined to their technology, divorced from reality.

And I am too grounded, and you, dear, are to ethereal. So yes, dear, you're right, we must move along.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting viewpoint on the technological world we live in today. What is it doing to us? Who have we become? It is hard for me to get a perspective on it, as I haven't really integrated myself socially into the computer yet. I've only just started actually using facebook. Perhaps as I get more used to it I will know.

    ReplyDelete